View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by yJan1986 View Post
Okay,
Thanks for your reply, I didn't know about multiple toc entries, I thought the option "Force use of auto-generated TOC " was enough.

The workaround on your kobo is somehow unclear to me, because I don't know of any method to split by chapters, other than the option calibre provides - to split by size, under the EPUB output options during conversion.

I have tried to adjust the version of the EPUB to 3 and tried to force the separation by size, unfortunately to no avail. The fact that the EPUB e-books from earlier versions of calibre have worked like a charm with my touch 2 hd, implies that someone musr have changed something in these lines of code.

Unfortunately, I am no code monkey that I could find this issue by myself :-(.
My preference is to mark the splits using Sigil and then split the files however this is a manual process. The calibre editor has much the same capability. A quick workaround is to try an epub to epub conversion in calibre as calibre should split the file automatically at headers (the h1, h2, h3, etc. tags).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote