View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #46
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post

Meanwhile, just to muddy up the waters, I wonder if anyone is interested in another non-fic: Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond.
I took a look at the Goodreads reviews and they're fascinating in themselves; lots of both five-star and one-star reviews. My takeaway is that it's one of those broad, interdisciplinary accounts which can be fascinating and enlightening, but also annoying where the author doesn't really have an academic grounding in the underlying disciplines (and it's no longer possible to be a Renaissance man).

I'd read it. At a minimum, it would be provocative and could lead to a good discussion, although some reviewers mention its being on the dry side.

Last edited by issybird; 07-05-2018 at 08:33 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote