View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
coaver
coaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kindle for Android
Calibre and mobi format - creating a paige or location specific table of contents

I looked through the forum and didn't find anything specific to what I am trying to do. I am hoping my all knowing friends here can help me out. I think this is an unusual request but if anyone can help me I know you can!

We just gave our 9 year old a Kindle for Christmas. We require him to read a certain number of pages a day for school. Obviously the Kindle supports locations rather than pages so he has a hard time understanding how the locations work in relation to pages. Its tough to compare the two with a suitable explaination since locations are based on what seems to be a number or character spaces.

I would like to be able to convert his mobi books in such a way that Calibre will create a new/personal table of contents with a new chapter about every 600 locations or so. That way he would just read until the next chapter and then he wont have to take his current location and add 600 more to figure out how far he has to read for his daily reading requirements.

Is this possible? The books are already in mobi format and I would like to just run them through the Calibre convert process to add the new table of contents with working chapter links that are compatible with a Kindle 3.

Any advice?

Thank you my knowledgeable Calibre friends. Any assistance you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jennifer
coaver is offline   Reply With Quote