View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #34
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Gee, that type of opinion " this is fact, not a matter of opinion" , seems so old school. Did you have someone from past that used to talk to you like that? "My way is the LAW" and all the other people are stupid. That attitude starts the "religious wars" and "cold wars". How do you like it if I said to you? "It's a FACT the 505 screen is Blacker than the 300 and it's not an opinion but a FACT." Then start a FEUD on this board, or start a fist fight to PROVE to me you are RIGHT? Childish behavior but most of humanity still engages in it.
Take a chill pill, dude. Really. Feuds and fist fights? FWIW, I am trained as both a scientist and lawyer--I know (after extensive personal investigation) what is debatable, what is open to various views, and what is simply unbiased observation.

I did note in an earlier post that the 300 bg may seem a bit whiter because it is newer than the 505., and the bg may darken somewhat over time. The blacks are the same on these displays as far as I can tell. But upon very close inspection under magnification (based on comments and info links posted here buy others) that the edges of the characters on the 300 are much sharper than on the 505, which do appear to have 'gray' display units (cells or whatever; I hesitate to call them pixels). Close-up scrutiny reveals that the text characters on the 300 have sharper edges than the 500 (same document). These sharper text borders also contribute to better contrast, even thouigh both displays are highly readable.

Honestly, if I could find a negative karma button here, you would be on the receiving end. Your comments are disingenuously hypocritical.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote