Thread: No italics
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roquet View Post
Minipocket books I'm reading aren't showing fonts (I haven't looked closely at other formats yet). I have the full font families for courier and georgia in the Fonts folder on the Cybook and I've selected georgia. I tried deleting .fonts.cache-1 from the System folder but it didn't make a difference.
What do you mean by "I have the full font families..."? Did you copy all 4 different font styles for these 2 fonts in the folder? Do you now see 2 different entries for Courier and Georgia in the font menu and both are lacking italics?

AFAIK these 2 fonts are already pre-installied and don't show up in the font folder... What happens if one puts copies in the font folder, I don't know - has somebody tried this?! (Probably just one of them is used/showed and the other ones ignored???)

But I can positivly confirm that CyBook uses bold and italic types if they're in the book (with pre-installed and added fonts). Even in converted PDFs (with Mobipocket Reader) they are OK...

BTW: Sometimes fonts - even if they appear to be from the same family - have wrong information stored inside and they are shown as different new fonts in the font dialog. If this is the case, then CyBook can't use them as a family (but this can be corrected using FontForge or any other font editor).
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote