View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #78
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been with Sony readers all the way from the PRS-500, and have had every single device through the T1. (I even got the 700 and 600 for about two weeks each, when I decided I couldn't live with the reduced visibility due to the touch layer). When I saw that the T2 was essentially the same as the reader I already had, while Amazon and Kobo had high-res screens with light, and Nook had a regular screen but also with a light, I decided to move to another company.

At the moment I have the Kobo Glo. Mostly because the 1.4Gb that the PW has is nowhere near enough for me, and I travel often enough that I would prefer to have all my books on me, instead of guessing what I may want to read. That's one of the primary strengths of an ereader for me - always having my library, and being able to read whatever, whenever.

Sadly, despite the really good hardware, the Glo has very poor software, it's had issues with epubs that work on everything else, crashes, randomly skips pages, and resets font size mid-book. There are a lot of small annoyances that make the reading experience worse for me.

My killer features are collection support, expendable memory (or at least 8GB built in), a high res screen and a light. If Sony can do this, and keep the rest of the reading experience the way they always have, I will be happy to give them my money and return to the readers that I have always had. It's not a huge wish list, really all I want is either a T2 or a PRS650 with a light and a better screen, and I am back in the Sony fold.

Sadly, as annoying as the rest of the Glo is, I love the better screen, and the light is a convenience that I appreciate greatly, and can't see myself giving up in my next reader.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote