View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #32
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogeking90 View Post
Yeah I don't understand the hate for this font. It was one of the reasons I choose to get the Kobo, rather than simply go from my Kindle Keyboard to a Paperwhite. It's a wonderful font for me, makes reading less of a chore.

Why do people say it looks like crap?
Because they're not dyslexic? I understand that it does make reading easier for some, and so I think it's worthwhile including it, but yeah it does look like crap to me. But then so do monospace fonts for anything except programming. I know nothing about font design - but it sounds like perhaps neither does Kobo, and you'd think that if they're doing something nobody else is, that they'd ask for some help to ensure that the font actually works well on their displays.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote