View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cageybee View Post
Hi, I have imported a New Oxford Dictionary from Kindle for PC to Calibre and I have a Merriam-Webster collegiate dictionary which I imported into both kindle and Calibre. Both of these dictionaries are around 25MB. I can open both of these files in Kindle for PC, but can't open neither of them in Calibre.
Not surprising, calibre viewer is essentially a basic epub viewer and Mobi files go through a basic conversion before being viewed. Dictionaries are not books that lend themselves to easy conversion.

Quote:
It is telling me that I have a memory error, but I have 4GB of RAM on my PC.
You can say but I have 16GB of ram it still wouldn't change the fact that the OS is reporting that you ran out of memory.

Quote:
I have other .mobi ebooks in my Calibre library which are large in size, but I don't have any problems opening them.
Large vs complicated, two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Its also quite possible that the dictionary is too complex to allow the basic conversion that the calibre eViewer performs to complete successfully.
PeterT has it correct.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote