View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #73
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I just thought my later suggestion may be easier to implement and you could customise 7 serifs + 1 sans + 1 mono (I've also added 1 smallcaps and 1 fancy dropcap), which may be enough for most.
Some of the font-selector fonts are sans-serif, so maybe we need another attribute in the font xml like:

<font name="Amasis" type="serif" regular="AmasisMTW1G.otf" italic="AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
<font name="Univers Next" type="sans-serif" regular="UniversNextW1G-Regular.otf" italic="UniversNextW1G-Italic.otf" bold="UniversNextW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="UniversNextW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />

But then, one of my font-selector choices is a serif CJK font and the custom-Original font in my css is Western. (I read in English most of the time, but sometimes need the CJK font.) So with the CJK font, I need both serif and sans-serif refer to the CJK font... Of course, if I can choose between two css's on the fly (one for English, the other for CJK), that would be the most ideal.

Or would it be possible to define something like this? (two lines defining one entry (same name, different types)):

<font name="CJK Font" type="serif" regular="CJK_serif_R.otf" italic="CJK_serif_I.otf" bold="CJK_serif_B.otf" bolditalic="CJK_serif_BI.otf" />
<font name="CJK Font" type="sans-serif" regular="CJK_sans_R.otf" italic="CJK_sans_I.otf" bold="CJK_sans_B.otf" bolditalic="CJK_sans_BI.otf" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Anyway, the decision is entirely yours. I'm much happier with your reader app as-is than I was with the original because it's no longer necessary to manually force any T1-specific css into each epub. This is much appreciated when you may want to read on any of several different reader models.
Totally agreed!!! No more keeping track of all the T1-specific epubs in my library

Last edited by soseono; 01-23-2012 at 12:59 PM.
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote