View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #65
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
...if it's possible to make the plugin put the covers into images/covers/ using the books' filenames, nothing more would be needed for a basic solution.
I believe I covered my reasons for not wanting to use book filenames in an earlier post (a few pages back) - basically I don't want to deal with non-ascii filenames and the various issues of filename length. I also don't really understand what extra benefits it would give. If you view the images in "thumbnail mode" there is very little room for author/title, it would be truncated, and anyway you can read this info from the thumbnail itself on many covers.

Using a different directory on the Sonys would have been less of a problem if I'd done it in the original release. I picked /database/media/images because I was pretty sure everyone would already have that directory and release v1 only had a single image so a separate directory didn't seem necessary. The issue now would be the migration. It's not insurmountable but can you explain what is the benefit? When viewing images on the Sony you only get to sort by Date or Title, not by folder. Currently, if you sort by Title they'll all be together under 'c'. If you sort by Date any batch of covers would also be sorted together.

Quote:
And it would not have to be integrated into Calibre itself...
To do the synching you originally spoke of I believe it would need to be part of the Sony-synching (and Kindle-synching etc...) which is already done within full Calibre. It wouldn't make sense to duplicate it in a plugin even if I had the necessary skills, which I don't.

Quote:
If there is a possibility of making this work, I would also be willing to help out with programming
If you want to try to move the plugin up a gear feel free to experiment - it is open-source after all - and all the code is in the zip file

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-27-2011 at 08:08 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote