View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #134
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGrrl View Post
As of v0.7.44, Calibre automatically adds this functionality to .mobi files.

MOBI Output: Use the book uuid as the ASIN field and set cdetype to EBOK to allow Amazon furthest read tracking to work with calibre generated MOBI files.
Closes tickets: 8721

I verified it with several books that I converted from .pdf to .mobi, and they are syncing perfectly between my Kindle and Kindle for iPhone (both directions, no problems).

Thanks so much Kovid!!
So I was successful in doing this same thing, here's my question:

In order to get the ASIN field and set cdetype to EBOK is it just a matter of re-converting a mobi file within Calibre or does it require one to download metadata again.

THe book I tested this on, all I did was re-convert the current mobi book (which was converted using an older version of Calibre) again. This overwrote my old mobi file with a new one. Wasn't sure if it was just the re-converting that added the ASIN or did I need to reload metadata?

If it doesn't require downloading metadata again - then all I have to do is re-convert my entire library using the new version of Calibre to ensure that the ASIN and other key fields are now a part of the metadata which allows me to snych my Kindle and my iPhone.

Just curious.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote