View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Kindle vs Kobo in Canada? Which to buy?

I was hoping that the experts and owners on these forums could help clarify something for me. I'm considering getting either a Kindle or Kobo for christmas; the only feature I need is wireless, no 3G so the entry level models for both would be fine.

However I live in Canada, and while I do like Amazon (satisfied customer) I don't like dealing in US dollars when they do have a Canadian website. So I like the idea of the Kobo because I can purchase books "in Canada" so to speak.

Now, I remember reading that the Kobo supports more formats (and DRM?) so I believe I can download from Amazon (and other places) and copy across to the Kobo. But I can't download from Chapters/Indigo and read the books on the Kindle. Is this correct?

Thanks
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote