View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
kevinofengland
Connoisseur
kevinofengland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Design the ultimate 505 leather cover and I will manufacture

Let me explain. Ok, for years I have been using a company in India to produce custom leather jackets and other leather items. After buying my Sony Reader, whilst being very happy with the reader I was not overly impressed with the tan cover. If you drop it the cover fly’s open and it gets damaged. I should know that’s what I did whilst chasing my son.

What I propose, is that between the Sony 505 sections of this community, that if we collectively design maybe 5 different reader cover types, “glove like the silicone case” but in leather and also covers with pockets etc I will contact this company and put them in production.

I am not interested in profit only to make available decent custom covers for people who have the 505. This company can get 100’s of different colours of leather and even put custom names and logos on.

What next: Well I’m not designer and am not very good with technical drawing. What I need is for someone to design the cover on a PDF with clear instructions so they can manufacture. Then what I suggest is we vote on best cover and I will produce. When I have the final designs I can get quotes from this company. I would advice to design them so we do not have to clip them in with the plastic thing as that will incur cost. I’m sure there are other ways to secure reader.

Ok, what do you think? Can we between us produce the best cover for the 505 on the market?

Last edited by kevinofengland; 10-23-2008 at 06:49 AM.
kevinofengland is offline   Reply With Quote