View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #143
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I'm very interested in the iPad Mini. Though I don't have an iPad, I do have an Asus Transformer and found it to be way too heavy to hold for reading for any length of time. Because of that, I actually have been using my iPhone 4S as my primary ebook reader.

I like that I can slide it into my scrub pocket at work and read for a few minutes on a break but I have to admit that I love the idea of the Mini.

I wish the price had been more competitive to the other ebook readers but it is an Apple.

There's an Apple store here so I might have to go there and actually do some hands on with the device.

So far, I know that no one has really found an effective way to sync their ebooks when they aren't purchased directly from places such as Amazon/Kindle. That is such a fantastic feature since I am not sure the Mini would fit in my scrub top pocket like the iPhone does. Syncing ebooks between devices is such a major want and nothing seems to work.

I have gotten my ebooks for many different areas and use Calibre to convert all my older ones into epub. They are stored on my computer (with several forms of backup to keep them safe), plus I do use DropBox.

I currently read books using ShuBook and really love that reader but I really want to be able to sync my ebooks between my iPhone and the Mini (if I get one). I don't mind loading the ebooks on 2 different devices but just wish I could read a book on one and then switch to the other device and have the same ebook open at the exact spot I had left off on the other device.

As for other uses for the Mini, I might use it to watch the occasional movie and I would play a few games on it as well as use it for email. I just need to get my hands on one to see how it feels in my hands but I really want to hear more from others who have it already!

Thanks,
Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote