Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #44
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfeet View Post
I'm using aldiko and ended up doing what you say just dragging them to Nexus...but I would say that I would much prefer to use the built in Book App: it seems to work much better, compared to Aldiko...and I can't believe Google expects us only to want to buy their books...they should make it easier to use their own built in book reader, but so far, no luck...Aldiko works OK, but it took quite a bit of tweaking...and still stalls and goes backwards sometimes...

My main wish is to be able to use Google Play to read books, in other words, I think it works better than the applications, as is often the case. Plus, tho I often am a Google Fan, and still have my Google Nexus One phone, I do find it irritating that they make it so difficult to read outside lit sources on their inhouse reader. I don't have that problem with Kindle, where Calibre nicely translates epub...but I"ve tried different ways of using Calibre on Nexus7 but so far, doesn't seem to help, so at this point I'm still using Aldiko
I forgot you can use calibre as a server, mostly because I just dont use it that way. But it is definately an awsome way to do it. The advantage is you ge the description... at least I do in Stanza which is the only place I have used it as a server.
Tamming has some great suggestions.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote