View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Rhialto
Enthusiast
Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Windows 8 and Surface

With the announced Microsoft Surface tablets, there is the prospect of being able to have Calibre running on the tablet that is used for reading. Being able to manage one's library and read books on the same platform is very enticing.

Questions:

Is Calibre going to be fully W8 compliant?

The Calibre viewer could be more important in the future. Right now, I just use it for checking if new additions to my library are properly formatted. If I had a Surface tablet, I would be interested in using it as my reader. Are there any features that the leading ebook readers have that the Calibre viewer lacks? Colors, fonts, others? One thing that occurs to me is that the 16:9 format of the Surface screen compared to the 4:3 of the iPad may make a 2-page landscape reading layout preferable.

Last edited by Rhialto; 07-10-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Correction of screen description for the pedants out there.
Rhialto is offline   Reply With Quote