View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hmm! I have a USB2 MP3 player that takes minutes to be recognized if I attach it to that USB 1 port. If I connect to the USB2 Port, almost instant detection.

I hate marginal equipment combinations (one may JUST meet the Minimum values, the other is hovering near the Maximum values. is waiting to happen )

BTW All my computers are close to 10 Years old, and all have USB2 ports (the 12 YO has just 2 USB 1 ports)
Thank you for trying to help...still, again, etc.

I would say from your evaluation that mine are definitely USB1, because my Kobo takes 'awhile' to be recognized, it certainly isn't 'instant'.

Do you think Windows XP could be the culprit? I know it doesn't play nice with my KasperskyAV/IS. But see, again, it doesn't make sense because I didn't have ANY problems with any [all 3] of my Kobos previously...and all were used on this computer.

Did you notice the Kindle error thread I linked in prev. post? Is it a similar enough error that it could point to some Calibre code in general or no? I really shouldn't be guessing, I'm grasping at straws.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote