Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #233
Tegan
Connoisseur
Tegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st Gen, Kindle 3 SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Okay, here is a "For Dummies" version:

You CAN assign a different introducer key for launchpad -- just not the Alt key. Alt is special. It does not even return an event showing that it was pressed, until AFTER another key is pressed, and even then, it may not return an Alt key.
That makes sense, thank you. And clarifies what Matan said so I get it, now. I'll consider my options. I may be able to think of a better choice that will work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
try to increase the hot key interval ...
Excellent, I'll try this too. Thank you.

By the way, I love Launchpad. I love being able to rotate the screen quickly, love being able to stop the screensaver from going into effect (I often sit in meetings with PDF files and need to have just one section of a PDF showing for a long time), and I really love having a possible stealth recorder, though I haven't used it much. Yet. I'm glad I risked the install with my technical inexpertise, it's been very useful.

UPDATE: Changed my introducer to dot, and after a couple of weeks it's working great for me. I always pause after typing a period anyway, so it has worked out perfectly. Again, thanks for Launchpad!

Last edited by Tegan; 01-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Tegan is offline   Reply With Quote