View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
There are products that have legally mandated features, but no one is forced to make them...
Granted no one "forced" Dell to start making PC's. But, seeing that they required an OS to use and MS basically had the only one available at the time the used that situation to "force" Dell to not install apps that compete with the MS versions. (Which I never understood because MS didn't sell IE or Media player, but I digress).

So, your right, no one is forcing Astak to make a book reader. But, they want to support multiple formats including Mobi and Mobi is the ONLY place you can get Mobi support Amazon is kind of "forcing" Astak to not install competing format's readers. Seem very much the same to me... I'm not sure why you see it differently.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote