Thread: DRM confusion
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
DRM confusion

As someone new to the world of ereaders and ebooks, I am a bit confused by the whole DRM issue.

If I can go to the library and physically "borrow" the book for free, why can I only borrow the ebook for free on certain ereaders and not all ereaders?

Does the legality have to do with the individual ereader TOS or with the publisher's restrictions?

As one looking to enter the ereader world, I find devices I like (K3) that do not have access to formats I like (epub), without entering the darkly gray realm of DRM stripping.

The trees are obscuring my view of the forest here. Can someone enlighten me?
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote