Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #152
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
With a little experience with my 903, here's my list of wanted features:

#1. Publish the SDK, so we can start improving things - because the current one doesn't work for this model.

#2. Zoom to pen marked region - it's simple, just wait for a stylus stroke and zoom in to the bounding box.

#3. Margin strip - the current zoom is often sufficient to remove left and right margins, but it always leaves the top margin, larger than before. I want to focus on the text, which instead gets pushed off the bottom edge for no reason. The scrolling buttons do not help because the vertical step is much larger than the horizontal.

#4. Note taking. Scribble is currently the closest in there, which is weird as the 15.1 SDK inkdemo demonstrates the note feature including adding and editing images. The 903 instead integrates the screenshots in contents and allows no editing, nearly useless.

#5. Publish the sources for the web browser - you appear to be in violation of the LGPL license it is under currently.

#6. Type-ahead with the buttons. Currently one has to wait for the display when moving through a list with the buttons; it should be possible to just tap for each row.

#7. Make the keyboard work without stylus as well, in case one doesn't want to use it, has only one hand available or loses the stylus. After all, the 902 must have a keyboard that works with buttons.

#8. Make the keyboard more responsive. It does not need to flash each virtual key when one taps many keys in sequence, the text itself is sufficient. Skip that animation when there are later taps in the queue.

#9. Stop popping up a "battery low, please charge" message when it is already charging. Better to make the battery indicator show a hint of current level while charging.

I might come up with more later.

Of course, the old promises such as text based notes for the 302 along with keyboard support must be fulfilled.

Last edited by LoneTech; 12-31-2010 at 10:52 PM.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote