View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Charging Port Issue

I searched the forum, and I haven't seen this issue brought up, and I wonder if I'm not alone:

I have had my KF since the day of release, and I've used it just about daily since then. I've never had any issues with charging or battery life. Last night, I picked my Fire up and saw that the battery was at 7%, even though I had it plugged into the charger for several hours. I checked and saw that, although it was plugged in, it wasn't charging. I tried a different charger and it still wouldn't charge, so the issue wasn't the charger.

The charging port in the KF isn't loose, but there's a decent amount of 'play' in the micro usb plug when it's plugged into the port, so I started holding the plug in different directions. I found that the unit would only charge if I angle the plug upwards as far as it can go. Plugged straight in, it won't charge.

I called Amazon customer support, and they're sending me a replacement, which is great, but I wonder if others have had this issue?
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote