View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #30
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
I totally agree with DTM, back when I had an old monochrome Handspring Visor and I discovered AvantGo, stripped down channels and all, I thought it was absolutely the coolest thing I had ever seen, and I was rapidly hooked. I don't know how AvantGo operates now (it's easily been 4-odd years since I last used them), but back then, man was it slow, even with a broadband connection! When I figured out that you could customize channels, wow, how cool was that? And then I heard about Plucker and Laurens' JPluckX and realized how crippled AvantGo was and never looked back. But yes, they did start the ball rolling.

Alexander, those two links could possibly be the funniest thing I've ever seen, and it's a testament to how clueless AvantGo is. I don't doubt that companies may want to buy the domain company-x-sucks.com as a preventative measure, but geez, redirect your visitors to company-x.com, don't continue to keep the company-x-sucks.com domain visible in the screen!

P.S.-- To get the emoticon I want, it comes up in the text box as "blink!" Something's weird here...