View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
SRH59
SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SRH59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505
As an experiment, I have just released my first novel, Shadowchaser as a Kindle ebook under Amazon's KDP scheme at $0.99. The reason I've opted for such a low price is that I'm using it primarily as an introduction to both myself as a writer, and to my latest and future books. A way of introducing myself and my work to as wide a potential readership as possible.

The book was well received and sold consistently in its original print incarnation, so I have no problem offering it for such a low price in its new digital format. At least for the moment. I'm viewing it as much as a potential marketing tool as I am a deserving work in its own right.

Is it undervalued? No. It's already proven its worth to my satisfaction. Now it has the opportunity to potentially prove itself valuable in a slightly different, but no less valid way.

Plus, if it ultimately sells at such a low price, at the end of the day a sale is still a sale.
SRH59 is offline   Reply With Quote