View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #490
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Can Kindle Previewer 2.8 read the K7 portion of a mobi that was built by Previewer/Kindlegen 2.7 (and split by kindleunpack)?

If yes: I'd suspect a subtle change to the way KF8/K7 combo files are being built has made it necessary to update/upgrade KindleUnpack's splitter feature.

If no: I'd suspect a Kindle Previewer bug.

Or, if you really think about it... why would Amazon technically even need to include the ability for Kindle Previewer to read stand-alone K7 mobi files at all any more? It (and kindlegen) only produce combo files now, so why would previewing a K7-only mobi file be supported?

Just food for thought. There could be lots of reasons for this, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt me to get off my butt and actually download 2.8.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote