View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #198
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
Overall I like the case in how slim it is but the magnet is very weak and the cover sometimes doesn’t stay closed.
edit: What I posted here before actually wasn't true, it does stay closed when turning it upside down, one corner of my unit wasn't pressed all the way down, which made it more difficult for the magnet to hold it together. Incorrect stuff in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
The official case isn't much better when it comes to that. It doesn't stay closed when you turn it upside down and even just slightly tilting it that way opens it up.

I'd love to provide a more in depth comparison between the one you got and the official amazon one, but mine still hasn't arrived yet. Ordered on the 27th of november, shipped the day after day, left China on the 30th and not a single change since then. Not the seller's fault, but annoying anyways.

Anyways, the official one is pretty weighty but solidly built. The plastic is very thick (hence the weight, I assume) and the build quality in general is great. Sturdier than I would have expected, even though the front with the screen isn't protected as well against things pushing into it, e.g. in a fully packed backpad.

Last edited by fauxpas; 01-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote