View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #15
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Zipping isn't the solution. An ePub is already zipped. The poster was indicating that splitting the file could be useful.
Yeah, I did catch that Jellby mentioned that (and did that), but isn't that expecting a bit much of others, to not only unzip (or un-rar) the files, and then have the knowledge -- never mind inclination -- to put them together? I mean, WE know how to make ebooks, but if I post these to the "get your free ebooks" forum here, I'm sure there's a lot of readers out there who just enjoy reading ebooks, but haven't the first clue how to put them together if they're "taken apart."

I also thought it was interesting, actually, that Jellby loaded up multiple zip files, each under 20 megs (the limit, apparently), and yet all in the same post adding up to much more than that -- so I can't load up one file if it's more than 20 megs, but I guess I could load up 100 or 1000 (hypothetically) that are less than that, all in the same post.

Why not just raise the limit for ebook uploads? Surely I'm not the only person who (along with Jellby) has wanted to load up a book that's bigger than that (and not because its "designed badly" or something, but simply because of the size of it, or the number of images or whatever)?
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote