View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
My impression is that removing DRM at all is illegal, yes?
In the US the DMCA makes it illegal. However, there are exceptions and such. "I am not a lawyer buy Ricky Mavity is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
So, in theory, I would download files in .LIT format, right? And what is that "called" on Fictionwise (is that eReader, or something else?). Then, I would need to install Calibre on my PC, and it will convert the .LIT to .LRF?
Yes, LIT is called MS Reader format. Here are the steps...

1. Download the LIT file.
2. Remove the DRM (google for convertLIT and search here for it)
3. Use calibre to conver the LIT file to .LRF

To do the above you need to download and register MS Reader on your PC. You will also need to download convertLIT and calibre. Once you have done the steps once or twice you will see it takes more time for me to type this message than to buy, remove DRM, convert, start reading.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote