Thread: E-Ink in space
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
E-Ink in space

Was just browsing around, and came across an article that talked about computers in space.

It talked about how they are still using old IBM laptops, think PII or PIII on the ISS and on shuttle mission, because they have been hardened and use a lot less power and give off less heat.

Well that got me thinking, about weather any E-ink devices have been sent into space? Seems to me that the technology would be ideal for the environment. Low Power, Long lasting battery life, and compact.

Also, I remember from an old documentory, that one of the few sources of entertainment for people on the ISS is reading, and that they have a small library on board. Now,if they had a few Readers, they could have a huge library available, and if they wanted a new book, it could be transmitted to them, so no shipping up heavy stuff.

So what do you think? E-Ink or similar the future of space, or just a pipe dream.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote