View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #71
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's not really about money. I would never need to replace my entire library if it became unavailable. Because my library is comprised almost entirely of books I've already read. I don't pre-buy books. My To-Read stack is entirely virtual--I don't own them yet.

I'd only ever have to rebuy an ebook if I ever wanted to re-read it (one at a time at the time I decided to re-read them). The rest of the time I'd be doing what I always do: picking new books to read.

The vast majority I'm never going to re-read, so why would I care about losing access to them? Besides ... by the time enough time passes for me to consider re-reading a book, it will be much cheaper, or free from the library anyway.

In essence, the only book that exists for me is the one I'm reading now. And unless it blows my mind, it will--in essence--cease to exist when I finish it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-25-2018 at 08:59 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote