View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 11:27 AM   #1
Perozzi
Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Voyage
K4 as an offline digital photo frame

I have a jailbroken K4.

I would like to have the K4 to act as a digital frame, that autonomously changes the picture it shows after some time passes, e.g., every 30 minutes.

I'm trying an approach based on the screen saver hack.
I have put several images on the K4 and every time I turn it off it shows the next image from the pool.
Now I need to set the K4 to periodically turn on and off to change the screen image. Do you think is it possible?

I searched for a clear answer here and on other websites but I can't find one.

In the case it is not possible, do you think there are other approaches that I can follow to reach my goal?

I would like to find a solution self contained on the device, not using wifi as it will be deployed in a place where it is not possible to connect it to wifi.

For example, can a python script running on the K4 trigger the display of an image saved on the device?

Any hint, suggestion, or link is very welcome.
Perozzi is offline   Reply With Quote