View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #626
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
"Traditionally published books are stuck: legal restrictions keep you from being able to enjoy and share them. Unglue.it gets them unstuck."

I just hope they're not huffing all that glue.

If I were looking for a scam here, I'd be looking at the crowdfunding side rather than worrying about it being a stealth piracy site.
It looks to me like unglue.it just wants to be a middle man with a minimum of work and liability. They have some process (that isn't described) for vetting rights holders intended to legally constitute due-diligence, but other than that, it's the owners of the works that provide most of the effort involved. One question in the FAQ struck me as particularly humorous:

Quote:
Who is responsible for making sure a rights holder delivers premiums?

The rights holder.
Looking at the books available, I'm betting that most (if not all) are legitimate
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote