View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 AM   #11
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
(And I honestly can't understand why anyone would have a dedicated E-Reader device, when you can check your e-mail, chat with someone on Whazzap, Face up to Facebook, twig someone of Twitter [if you're so inclined], then go back to reading that exciting chapter that you were interrupted from, all on the same device.)
That's partially the appeal for some. Absolutely zero distractions.

And some people just much prefer reading on e-ink. Much easier on the eyes, and can be easily read in sunlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Since my major preoccupation is as author, not as formatter, I don't think you have a right to do this. You bought a book for $14.95, and that gives you the right to read it, and within limitations pass it on to someone else. It doesn't give you the right to revise it.
What if JustinThought wrote within his physical book, and at every scene break added his own numbering system? This is the same exact thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I'm not familiar with the book, but I see that it is indeed a single chunk of text, with the occasional break of a short line or several stars. That's the book Mr Smith wrote.
If you look at the sample on Amazon of the Physical book or ebook, it looks as if there is a centered line separating each scene.

But who knows what happened, maybe JustinThought ran it through Calibre and the way it was coded made the lines go poof.

Maybe the ebook was crappily converted. Maybe the people who did the conversion missed important formatting (like scene breaks) that existed in the print edition (I have seen this happen in many books).

Maybe they coded the scene breaks using a CSS border-bottom, and the reader JustinThought uses removes lots of superfluous CSS?

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 05-08-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote