View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #3
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
in this case, the retail epub version of Wilbur Smith - War Cry. no headers, no chapters, just 200 ish pages of text with scene breaks.

//snip!!//
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Shameless plug: You might find my Incremental IDs plugin helpful.

//snip!!//
I had something like that come up--except the one I had didn't even have scene breaks. So I just had to assign my own scene breaks.

What I ended up doing was assigning my newly created scene breaks like so:

<p style="divider">&nbsp;&nbsp;·&nbsp;&nbsp;·&nbsp;&n bsp;·</p>

which gives you a very nondescript scene break (notice those itty-bitty dots between each two hard spaces). Because "divider" is defined as--

.divider {
line-height: 2.5em;
text-align: center;
}

you get a nice wide break.

Then, wherever you would like the text to be broken and to create a TOC entry, change those <p> tags to a

<hr class="sigilChapterBreak" />
<h3 style="divider" title="Break xxx"> &nbsp;&nbsp;·&nbsp;&nbsp;·&nbsp;&nbsp;·</h3>

tag instead. Then, I think you can use Doitsu's shameless plugin to change those xxx's to a sequential number, right Doitsu?

Once you go to edit/split at markers, you have all your separate files, and TOC generation will be easy.

You could further refine that by defining <h3> to either use page-break-before: always -- or avoid -- depending on how you want it displayed.

Okay. Kinda complicated. But maybe you'll find it worthwhile and get the results you want.

Last edited by JustinThought; 05-06-2017 at 08:00 AM.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote