Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #279
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
I just reread that review and don't see a comment about side loaded content not being adjustable.

I couldn't see any advantage to writing software to detect a sideloaded epub then disabling internal adjustments.
The Kobo firmware has two different reader applications. One is used for the kepubs purchased from Kobo. The other is used for sideloaded books. This is based on Adobe Reader (or whatever they want to call it). As others have said, both allow customisation of the viewer but respect the CSS in the books. That I think is the correct thing to do.
Quote:
The other alternative was the reviewer was blaming the hardware for a css issue and that just didn't seem possible.
I think you have it right with this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote