Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #273
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
I noted the GoodReader review had something about line spacing and justification not supported on side loads.

Is that the case with other Kobo devices?
Definitely not. Sometimes publishers create css code in their epubs that stop the Kobo adjustments working. I've never yet found a non-DRM sideloaded epub which can't be tweaked so that Kobo adjustments work properly.

ereader developers have 2 choices:
1. Ignore any internal epub css and use only the device settings
2. Use device settings unless internal epub css says different.

As far as I know, Kobo uses the type-2 approach. Personally, I'd be very irritated with any device which completely ignored my own css settings.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote