Thread: Sigil v0.1.5
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil v0.1.5

The changelog for version 0.1.5 follows:
Quote:
Sigil v0.1.5 2009.11.25
- fixed a race condition with view syncing in Book View
- fixed an issue with loading text files that don't end with a newline (some text would end up missing)
- A NEW FIND & REPLACE DIALOG (issue #13)
- no more hard line breaks in Code View (courtesy of recent performance optimisations) (issue #61)
- TOC Editor now remembers its size across invocations and program launches
- the uninstaller now removes Sigil's temporary working directories
- removed the "Start Sigil" checkbox in the last page of the installer; starting Sigil like this
was causing problems because Sigil had admin privileges (issue #163)
- fixed an issue with chapter breaks not working after they are Left/Center/Right Aligned (issue #158)
- multiple images can now be inserted with the "Insert Image" dialog by selecting multiple images
- fixed an issue with loading images from documents with uppercase tags and attributes (issue #156)
- tentatively fixed an issue with Sigil crashing on overwriting existing epubs (issue #146)
- fixed an issue with Sigil crashing on epubs with "date" OPF elements but no value set
for those elements (InDesign CS4 creates such invalid epubs) (issue #149)
- fixed an issue with words being merged on TXT import (issue #148)
- various performance improvements through code profiling and parallelization
- Linux and Mac builds should now be slightly faster because of new compiler optimizations
- fixed issue with Sigil incorrectly loading (and therefore subsequently saving) "date"
OPF elements with "event" attributes (issue 144)
Some highlights have been bolded. You know what you've been waiting for, and here it finally is: Find&Replace. Perl-like regex support is in. Even capture groups. As an added bonus, there's a "Wildcard" search engine along with the "Normal" and "Regular Expression".

The dialog seamlessly adjusts the search based on which View has focus (Book or Code View). So if you're in Split View, pay attention to that.

I've tested it, and it should work pretty well. Then again, I couldn't possibly guess all the different ways you'll be using this, so bugs are possible. If you find any, please report them on the tracker. F&R bugs are high priority.

Searching in Code View should be faster and more robust, since there's no mucking about with javascript in the background.

Work on 0.2.0 should start soon, in parallel with 0.1.6.

There's a lot more that I wanted to say, but it's 4:30 AM where I'm sitting so I can barely see the keyboard.

EDIT: And yes, this release took way too god damn long.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote