View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
hmemcpy
hmemcpy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
...allowing the Kindle to be seen as a computer on the network, to which you can connect via telnet.
I wish it was only that. Unfortunately for people who live outside the US, who don't have Whispernet, it's the only way of connecting the Kindle to the internet (using internet connection sharing on the PC). In my particular situation, upgrading the firmware to 2.0.3 reset the internal clock to Jan 01, 1970. Since the only way to set the clock is via Whispernet which I don't have, this presents a bug, for instance, where my recently read books always go to the end of the list instead of the beginning.

At this moment I can't really do anything about this situation. I can't rollback the firmware to 2.0.2, can't activate USB networking to connect it to the internet, can't access the terminal (in hopes to set the clock manually via 'time' command), and of course, can't turn on Whispernet. So everything works but with the huge annoyance to always look for my recently read books at the last page on the home screen.

Last edited by hmemcpy; 04-28-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo
hmemcpy is offline   Reply With Quote