View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
ozmenius
ozmenius began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
Create a monolingual Dictionary

Hello,

I'd like to create monolingual dictionary for Turkish. The reason is that it is far more better to look up for words in the source language for a better understanding. I do the same with English instead of using a dictionary for German-English.

My source would be the "Büyük Türkce Sözlük" which lists the meanings of a word with stars at the beginning. That looks like this:

Quote:
abra
* Bozuk teraziyi dengelemek için hafif gelen kefeye konulan taş, demir, çivi gibi ağırlık, dara.
* Bir değiştokuşta üste verilen şey.
abrakadabra
* Eski çağlarda bazıhastalıklara iyi geldiğine inanılan büyülü söz.
* Sihirbazların sıkça kullandığıbüyülü söz.
abrama
abra and abrakadabra are individually listed words.

My issue: I have a lack of understanding for compiling a .quickdic-data. My first success in this was generating a German-Turkish dictionary with the Toligen dictionary builder by changing the code in generate_dictcc.sh I took from Peripathetic's topic QuickDicBuilder. But I would say that my work isn't a master stroke. But if dictcc had a monolingual dictionary, I would have solved my issue.

My thought: Dozens of other people would like to use a monolingual Turkish dictionary for themselves why I hope that I would find help in this forum to create one.

What do I have to do to compile a dictionary from the "Büyük Türkce Sözlük"? How can I convert the listing and the explanations to each word into a "clean" lexicon?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by ozmenius; 10-01-2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
ozmenius is offline   Reply With Quote