View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #396
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Getting the hang of highlighting with different devices can be tricky. I was so used to KEPUBs that I had trouble adjusting to the Kindle when I got it, I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted. With KEPUBs, the best way to highlight a sentence or more is to first select one word, then use the handles to do the rest of it; also the way the software is set, it will not highlight punctuation before or after a word automatically, so you'll need to use the handles to include it. When I got the PW3 I thought it would work if I did the same, but the handles don't work very well; it's much better to select everything in one go and hope you don't make a mistake, or you'll have to start again. Also, highlighting always includes punctuation automatically. This can be a bad or a good thing: it's fine if you're highlighting sentences, but can be extremely annoying if you're interested in a single word as it's hard to fine tune it after with the handles.
This is my experience, at least. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages, IMO, but it's possible to get used to it. I can't vouch for the Aura One as I've never used one but both my H2O and Glo HD's touchscreens work very well.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote