View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #627
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Thank you for your clarifications. Since I last posted I have read some of the earlier posts on this thread and now know that kubrick works in virtualbox hosted on linux. Given this I will attempt to use it later today on my Lenovo ideapad Z560 running linux mint x64 and see if more modern hardware makes a difference.

How difficult is it to open the K3 to change the battery? I see that I can buy a replacement battery for about $15, so if it is something a thumb-fingered user can manage without breaking anything this might be my best fallback should my next attempt with kubrick fail.

My final alternative will be to look for a replacement unit on ebay, but I would prefer to get this one back in operation.

Dave

Last edited by dhdurgee; 12-30-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: text edit
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote