View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

The advantage of reserving the bottom space is for the annotations/dictionary menu bar. If that popped up and covered text, you would not be able to select anything on the bottom line or two. Some other method of doing this would be possible, but this is very simple to do and use.
I think Kobo's approach is backwards. Their first priority should be maximizing linear reading, i.e. a full screen mode, with options for headers and footers. They could have some other modes for text selection, dictionary lookup, annotations, ...

They've had readers out for years now, to not have a straight reading mode seems short sighted. Dedicate some resources to this, instead of a "limited edition" reader (or at least have some retailers in the U.S. so I can buy the Aura). IMO.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote