View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
As for the wasted space at bottom, I'd be happy if they still left room for the menu bar as it appears they are if they just didn't leave a whole blank line above that area too!
The amount of space I see can be very small. Whenever there seems a lot, I open that menu and look at how much space to the line. It is rare that it would hole a full line of text.

But, the bottom menu area is to big. I think they could cut it by a third without changing the icons. Then the page number could be moved down so that the margin under it was at least halved.
Quote:
OTOH, it appears the code that puts up and takes down the menus restores what was there anyhow, so I don't see why they couldn't get closer to the top and bottom with the book text...
The advantage of reserving the bottom space is for the annotations/dictionary menu bar. If that popped up and covered text, you would not be able to select anything on the bottom line or two. Some other method of doing this would be possible, but this is very simple to do and use.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote