View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #26
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
I have found Word to do a good job. I make sure that every bit of the document has been assigned a style - never use Ctrl-B for bold or anything like that.
Then save as a filtered web page.
In Sigil, I delete all the style lines that Word puts in the head element (usually about 500 lines!), then enter the link to the external stylesheet where I have all the styles listed.
I then do a search and replace for all the MsoNormal styles and replace them with a regular paragraph.
You now have a clean document!
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote