Thread: 903 new version of midori
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Just a brief line for clarification on what the difference is compared to the pocketbook version:

Some web pages have different styles which they can use. The pocketbook version of midori says all those web pages that we have a small display and run Windows CE (this procedure is called user-agent). Accordingly some pages worry that we won't be able to browse their content properly so they switch to the style for mobile phones or similar. However, it can easily happen that the mobile version of the webpage won't have the same functionality as the full version.

So my version simply tells all web pages not to show the mobile version but the full page.

I'm not finished with disassembling the binary versions of midori so it might well be possible that I can fix other things as well. For example that the font settings are stored etc. However, without the source code it is not said that this will be at all possible but I will have a look.

I'm planning of uploading a new version for each enhancement. That's why the only difference of aboves midori is the adapted user-agent.

@all: thanks for the compliments and the karma!
review is offline   Reply With Quote