View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Would Overdrive suit your needs? ...
I don't know if the Oakland PL has implemented access to Overdrive books, but it sounds like it might be a simple solution for you.
http://sfpl.lib.overdrive.com/
I can put in some links to info about Overdrive books, but what I'm trying to put together is about a DVD's worth of "here is the whole library. Take it home, read what you like, share with family members--learn to enjoy books on a screen." Can't do that with Overdrive.

I'm not entirely sure kids can legally use Overdrive w/o adult supervision; a lot of software requires the ability to legally sign a contract.

But I will look into what it'd take for the school to get an Overdrive account, and be able to download those books on its computers. Oakland libraries don't have Overdrive, but SF's are open to any resident of a California. No idea if they deal with organization memberships.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote