View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:10 AM   #8
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Dylan's lyrics were poetry. "Bob Dylan - The Lyrics 1961-2012" is a great read!

I was in 66-68. Were you in 1964 or 1864? The uniform in your avatar is beaucoup different than the one I wore!

Thank you for your service.
Thanks for yours.

Actually I got out in 68 as well, but had joined earlier. When I went in, there was no Vietnam action to speak of except for Special Ops working with the Montagnards and the Nung. Those fighters were like the Northern Alliance the US worked with in the early stages of Afghanistan.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...dmiration.html

In 62, Vietnam was considered the place to go for a bump in rank especially for young Army officers. You got battlefield experience.

By 68 I was tired of it, left the service and never looked back.

My avatar is a painting of General Thomas Jonathan Jackson. (Stonewall Jackson) A great man I attempted to emulate in habit and manner, though I didn't ride horses much then. I do now though, ergo the mounted Jackson.

My battlefield motto then as now was "It's a good day to be alive!"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote