View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
How To Deal With New Pricing Strategies (and get noticed?)

Since it seems that publishers only understand, and only care about, one thing - money - and not readers, I intend to adopt the following response to the newly announced pricing schemes. I don't know how much impact, if any, it will have, but I feel it is a fair personal response to their announcements.

When an ebook is initially launched at a price I feel is too high, and I want to read it right away, I will buy a "Used like new" copy from Amazon or another 3rd party merchant and send the following letter to the publisher and the author:

Dear ...........

I am an ebook owner. I feel that your price for the digital version of ...................... is too high and I will not buy it. Instead I purchased a used copy of the physical book on Amazon and paid ...... for it. NONE of this money goes to you, the publisher. NONE of this money goes to your author. Instead, Amazon and some anonymous seller are getting my money. And I am getting my money's worth. You, on the other hand, have just lost ...... income for the sale you lost.

I will not be coerced into paying more for a digital version of a book than I feel it is worth. Every instance of over-pricing will cost you money, at least from me.

Is this how you really want to train your reading public's buying habits?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote