Thread: Classic Nook a huge seller
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I'm not commanding anything, I'm just pointing out that we can discuss this a bit more pleasantly - and MobileRead has such a reputation most the time, and part of that is avoiding terms like 'flamers' or 'fanboys' or whatever. It's not useful and it just makes the place crappier because suddenly everyone gets to be a stereotype. Is there some enormous amount of Kindle flamers attacking the nook? I've seen maybe one post that MIGHT be characterized as that... but for the most part we have the normal back and forth we always see here about new products. We manage to do that without calling people flamers or fanboys or whatever most of the time.

Personally, I really don't want this place to end up like some godawful gaming forum where everyone is shrilly denouncing everyone else and every other viewpoint but their own; my comment was made in that interest.

So, like you I'm just expressing my opinion. Maybe other people want such an environment, but I don't. I hope not, MobileRead is one of the few forums I've ran across online where people both remember they are people and remember everyone else is, too (most of the time) and act accordingly without all the internet machismo BS.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote