View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
p3aul,

The individual was warned by a moderator after you mentioned your problem, and he stopped. MobileRead tries to support free speech and thus the moderators walk a fine line when dealing with heated discussions. Insults do cross the line, and if someone keeps up the insults I'm sure they would deal with them harsher, eventually leading to being banned. But that would not be the first option and really shouldn't be.

As the thread had strained from its intent, Alex (Owner and Admin) closed the thread and recommended that if you want to restart your line of questioning on the intended topic to open a second thread. And I would recommend you do that. There are a -lot- of wonderful and helpful people on MobileRead, however, DRM is almost always a hot topic.

On a personal note, and I'm not accusing you or saying this to be mean, but your second post -did- come off as insultive to me and I think it is what spiralled the topic out of control. I want to mention this in a friendly manner, as people can always disagree. But immediately labeling anyone that is against DRM as being pro-illegal file-sharing will insult a lot of users. While there are those that are, and even those that are members on MobileRead the majority are faithful customers of a variety of legal ebook distributors and publishers. We each have our own reasons that we are vehemenently against DRM, but in general it has NOTHING to do with illegally distributing copies of works.

I am sorry, however, in the way you were treated, as we try to resolve issues on the forum without it degrading to that level.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote